Saturday, April 16, 2016

All ends lead to another beginning

I got a knot in my stomach when I stood up with one of the girls in my arms to lay down for nap and glanced out the window to see the sign had gone up. Not a big sign but I guess it can be called official now. We are in the process of listing our home for sale. 

We have put a lot of blood and sweat into this home and boy has it come a long way. The whole reason for me to start this blog was to document all the improvements we made. Go ahead take a look back all the way to 2008, you wouldn't even think it was the same house inside! New windows, new doors (inside & out), new backyard with a garden! Finished basement, improved kitchen, updated bathroom, added a half bathroom, every room of the house has been painted, tore down a deck, torn down some God awful wallpaper, torn down part of a wall. The list could probably keep going. But before we leave I must charge a few more house improvement posts ;-) 

We added a kick plate to cover a bad spot in the siding (we'll leave the residing of the whole house for the next owners, but it could use it) 


We also knew we needed to change out the flexible dryer vent to something more ridged. It looks so good now and safer. That was on the to do list prior to city sale permit inspection this week. 

We will also be getting the garage roof replaced but that will be in another post. Oh lil house we have loved you so. :-) 

No comments:

All images are copyright of Daisy Simpson. It is unlawful and illegal to copy, scan, alter or edit the images in any way. This depreciates the photos value as well as my reputation, I take great care in capturing and editing each image and they are each important to me. Thank you for respecting my passion and my copyright.