Monday, August 16, 2010

Canoeing Sunday, August 8th

beautiful day
Last weekend we went canoeing with two couples from our newly married group. We were suppose to do this back in June, but it got pushed out a bit. It was a gorgeous day
canoe trip

This was Kyle and I's first time canoeing in Minnesota. MN canoeing is much different than Missouri canoeing. If you were to canoe in MO you prepare for getting wet, because it's inevitable that you will tip and most likely lose something - like your most favorite pair of pink shorts that i lost when I was like 10... I'll never forget that, I was crushed. Or sunglasses, I lost my fair share of those on MO canoe trips.

But in MN, it's really just canoeing down a wide river and no fear of tipping. This was also Harpo's FIRST time ever in a canoe! He was very excited
excited harpo

He did not know what was in store for him!!! His girlfriend Ruby was also along for the day
Enoch and Ruby

At first Harpo just stood around acting like he was scared to move since the canoe moved when he moved.
harpo canoeing

He'd say hi to Ruby
saying hello

Then he relaxed enough to take nap
harpo napping

And by the end of the day he was king of the world!
brave harpo

The river was 17 miles long. After we crossed under the train tracks, we pulled over to dip in the water.
train

We took turns jumping off the bank (right after Michelle witnessed a snake slithering under a tree)
jumping in

And of course we made Harpo swim. He does NOT like the water, but it was a hot day and I knew it would make him feel better.
wet harpo

It was a nice relaxing day
canoeing down the river

Once we made it down to where we had our car parked, we grilled out for dinner. It ended up raining, so we moved in under a pavilion - luckily the rain held off until we were out of the canoes.

Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun, except, where's the rapids to turn over in?

All images are copyright of Daisy Simpson. It is unlawful and illegal to copy, scan, alter or edit the images in any way. This depreciates the photos value as well as my reputation, I take great care in capturing and editing each image and they are each important to me. Thank you for respecting my passion and my copyright.