Friday, December 4, 2009

learning...

What I've learned while on this photo project 365 (with the help of the dps forum).

After a big photo weekend, like thanksgiving... I really drag my feet to get a photo done EVERYDAY of the week following. But trust, me I haven't failed the project yet.  This day I literally just stuck my tripod out the front door and shot the christmas lights on the houses... then another time I shot our little trees in our front yard (oh yeah I need to share our christmas lights... later post, maybe tomorrow).  Okay so here is what I learned... Here are the FIRST two shots:

DSC_0258

DSC_0248

Notice anything? How bout in the sky or maybe in the bushes??? Here look again:
red circled lights

red circled lights2


AHH you see it?

Well it came as a little surprise to me... but after getting some words of wisdom from some people on the digital photography schools forum site, they suggested experimenting and maybe take the filter off my lens.  I have a UV filter on all my lenses, mainly just because I've read that's it's good for protection... although this proves that it can mess with your images.

SOOO I took the filter off and tried it again the next night!!!

wo filter

109 lighted little trees

YAH! No reflection!!!  Whew at first I was freaking out cuz I thought it was my camera... or lens... it's super easy to fix this problem by just taking the filter off :-)



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

All images are copyright of Daisy Simpson. It is unlawful and illegal to copy, scan, alter or edit the images in any way. This depreciates the photos value as well as my reputation, I take great care in capturing and editing each image and they are each important to me. Thank you for respecting my passion and my copyright.