Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

finished pumpkin

My work was having a pumpkin carving contest... as usual. So my friend and I carved our pumpkins together.  I forget how much work goes into getting a pumpkin cleaned out and carved!!

pumpkin scooping

It takes a bit of elbow grease! Scooping and scraping!  Then all the little pokes, that killed my wrist too!

jo carving

But we had a fun time, much better than if we were to carve our pumpkins alone.

daisy and jolene

Here's my pumpkin:
073 carved pumpkin

I decided on this little furry creature because he was too cute. He did originally have horns, but instead of carving horns I carved two more little fur patches. I've never been a fan of the devil... when I was growing up we were never those scary things like devils or demons... we always dressed up in fun, happy things like crayons, bears, and rainbow bright!  I remember one year... maybe I should save this story for the costume post... our costume contest is Friday, so stay tuned! :-)


Thanks for reading!
________________________________________________________

No comments:

All images are copyright of Daisy Simpson. It is unlawful and illegal to copy, scan, alter or edit the images in any way. This depreciates the photos value as well as my reputation, I take great care in capturing and editing each image and they are each important to me. Thank you for respecting my passion and my copyright.