Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I will not! I refuse to....

turn my heat on!!" It's not even October yet. Well it will be tomorrow, but I have been saying this since Sunday.

045 city railroad
This weekend drew the big line between Summer and Fall/Winter. I love fall... don't get me wrong. But when the cold weather starts it means something in addition to fall being here - Winter is coming.

I don't wanna shut the windows - which I already did, but I haven't shut all the storms, maybe there is still a chance I can open them again.
I don't wanna put plastic on the windows.
I don't wanna pull out the space heaters.
I don't wanna put my sandles away.
I don't wanna pull my sweaters out - already done this too :-(

AND I don't wanna start shoveling snow.. not yet anyway.

Okay now that I got that out maybe I can continue to enjoy fall :-) it is my favorite time of year... I think I am just in shock because it got chilly over night.
044 canopy trees

I have been looking forward to this happening...
043 blooming bushes
our front bushes blooming.
**Sorry it's a little blurry, it's been REALLY windy here!! And of course I didn't realize it was blurry til a few days later when I actually looked at it**

If you remember we planted them in May. You can read about it here. Boy have they GROWN! It wasn't until I was going to pick up my mom at the airport, 2 weeks ago, that I saw the first little white bloom popping out. Now they are blossoming in white!

Speaking of plants, we had a frost advisory last night so we pulled in our house plant. And will probably get some mulch/leaves around our new plants in the coming weeks.

PS: I realize the first picture has nothing to do with this blog entry... but I wanted to share it anyway :-) It was my picture of the day yesterday and I am rather fond of it.

Thanks for reading!
________________________________________________________

No comments:

All images are copyright of Daisy Simpson. It is unlawful and illegal to copy, scan, alter or edit the images in any way. This depreciates the photos value as well as my reputation, I take great care in capturing and editing each image and they are each important to me. Thank you for respecting my passion and my copyright.